The marriage tax allowance lets you transfer £1,260 of your personal allowance (the amount you can earn tax free each tax year) to your spouse or civil partner if they earn more than you. Recent studies reveal that it’s estimated that over 2.4 million couples are missing out on this cash by not claiming what is rightfully theirs. If you are married or in a civil partnership you could easily qualify. If your claim is successful, it will lower the higher earner’s tax bill for the tax year, but you can also backdate your claim for a further four years. We can easily start your claim on a NO WIN NO FEE basis*, and there are no complex forms to complete. Start today and you could have your refund in as little as 6 weeks.

A Civil partnership in the United Kingdom is a form of civil union between couples open to both same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples. It was introduced via the Civil Partnership Act 2004 by the Labour government. The Act initially permitted only same-sex couples to form civil partnerships, but the law was expanded to include opposite-sex couples in 2019.

The process for claiming marriage tax allowance can be a little complex. We take care of all of this for you so you can relax. And we only charge you if we are successful in getting you a refund.

How much you receive will depend on how much you and your partner earn. The maximum amount available for the tax year 2022/2023 is £252. However, you can also backdate your claim by up to a maximum of four tax years, meaning you could get up to £1,242!

You can start your marriage tax claim today by completing our online form by clicking HERE. If you have any questions or queries, you can call our team on 01902 955253**.

Yes, married couples or those in a civil partnership are entitled to marriage tax allowance. But you must be one or the other; just ‘living together’ doesn’t count.

Yes, for marriage tax to work one of you needs to be unemployed or earning under £12,570 and the other partner needs to be earning between £12,571 and £50,269.

No, one of you needs to be employed and paying tax in order to get the allowance as it effectively reduces the amount of tax you pay, so you need to be paying some tax to be entitled to a reduction.

Yes you can claim marriage tax allowance if you have savings providing the interest earned on them does not take you over the taxable income threshold of £12,570.

*please click here to see our terms and conditions which explain our fees and cancellation policy.