Are you married or in a civil partnership?
It’s estimated that over 2.4 million couples are being charged the wrong tax, we can help you claim back up to £1,242.

We claim for you on a NO WIN-NO FEE basis*

  • The marriage tax allowance lets you transfer £1,260 of your personal allowance (the amount you can earn tax free each tax year) to your spouse or civil partner if they earn more than you.

  • Recent studies reveal that it’s estimated that over 2.4 million couples are missing out on this cash by not claiming what is rightfully theirs. If you are married or in a civil partnership you could easily qualify.

  • If your claim is successful, it will lower the higher earner’s tax bill for the tax year, but you can also backdate your claim for a further four years.

  • We can easily start your claim on a NO WIN NO FEE basis*, and there are no complex forms to complete.

  • Start today and you could have your refund in as little as 6 weeks.

Who Is Eligible?

  • 01Have you been married or in a civil partnership at any time in the last 4 years.
  • 02One partners income, in the last 4 years, has to have been between £12,571 – £50,269 whilst the other partner has been either unemployed or had an income of less than £12,570.
  • 03Both must have been born on or after 6 April 1935.


Marriage Tax FAQ's

How much you receive will depend on how much you and your partner earn. The maximum amount available for the tax year 2023/2024 is £252. However, you can also backdate your claim by up to a maximum of four tax years, meaning you could get up to £1,242!

You can start your marriage tax claim today by completing our online form by clicking HERE. If you have any questions or queries, you can call our team on 01902 939000.

Yes, married couples or those in a civil partnership are entitled to marriage tax allowance. But you must be one or the other; just ‘‘living together’ doesn’t count.
Yes, for marriage tax to work one of you needs to be unemployed or earning under £12,570 and the other partner needs to be earning between £12,571 and £50,269
No, one of you needs to be employed and paying tax in order to get the allowance as it effectively reduces the amount of tax you pay, so you need to be paying some tax to be entitled to a reduction.
Yes you can claim marriage tax allowance if you have savings providing the interest earned on them does not take you over the taxable income threshold of £12,570.